Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Categories

Scene: Farm Girl and Small Child sitting in the grass, petting a mangy farm cat.

Small Child: Are you a kid?

FG: No, I’m a grown up.

Small Child: (puzzled) At first I thought you were a mom…

FG: Nope, I don’t have any babies.

Small Child: Are you a teenager?

FG: No, just a grown up.

Small Child: (Continues to study FG confusedly and gives up. Finally, Small Child decides to change the subject.) Did you know that a fox ate all our chickens?

THE END

3 comments:

Kate said...

nice! at least it wasn't a conversation about the dots (freckles) on your face. I have those occasionally.

the lunch lady said...

looks like small child has learned an important life lesson, "when in doubt, change the subject."

I like that the child at first thought you were a kid! that's pretty awesome.

nobody thinks that about me. although my nieces and nephew thought it was really bizarre that I was playing Nintendo.

Sometime you just gotta mix it up a little.

Nanette said...

I love Small Child conversations :)